Collection of Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Data collected: Web browser version, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what websites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to accurately load the website for you and to perform analytics on website usage in order to optimize our website.
- Source of collection: collected automatically when you access our website using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags or pixels.
- Disclosure for Business Purposes: Shared with our processor Shopify.
- Examples of personal information collected: Name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide you with products or services to fulfill our contract, process your payment information, arrange for shipping and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and, if consistent with the preferences you have communicated, provide you with information or advertising about our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Sharing for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
Customer service information
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
Text marketing and notifications
By entering your phone number at checkout and initiating a purchase, signing up via our subscription form or keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including reminders of canceled orders) and text marketing offers. No more than 5 text messages will be sent per month. You acknowledge that your consent is not a condition of purchase.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications, reply to a mobile message sent by us at STOP or use the unsubscribe link provided in one of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of unsubscribing, such as using other words or requests, will not be considered an appropriate method of unsubscribing. Message and data charges may apply.
If you have any questions, please text HELP to the number from which you received the messages. You may also contact us for more information. If you wish to unsubscribe, please follow the steps above.
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 12. We do not intentionally collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or guardian who believes that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Disclosure of personal information
We share your personal information with service providers to enable us to provide our services and perform our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to run our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertising or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website. For more information about how Google uses your personal data, please see here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
In addition, you may opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance's opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide you with our services. This includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilling your order, and informing you of new products, services and offers.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") based on the following legal bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Website;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To carry out a task that is in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
If you place an order through the website, we will retain your personal data for our records unless you ask us to delete it. For more information on your right to erasure, please see the 'Your Rights' section below.
Automatic decision making
If you are resident in the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (including profiling) where such decision-making produces a legal effect concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision making that has a legal or otherwise significant impact on customer data.
Our processor, Shopify, uses limited automated decision making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise material impact on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeatedly failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary deny list of credit cards associated with denied IP addresses. This denylist will persist for a small number of days.
Sale of personal information
Our website sells personal information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA").
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the personal data we hold about you, transfer it to a new service and request that your personal data be corrected, updated or deleted. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Your personal data is initially processed in Ireland and then transferred outside Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, please see Shopify's GDPR whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you (also known as the 'right of access'), transfer it to a new service, and request that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information below.
If you would like to appoint an agent to make these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that is downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our website. We use a number of different cookies including functional, performance, advertising and social media or content cookies. Cookies enhance your browsing experience by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (e.g. login and region selection). This means you do not have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or move from one page to another. Cookies also provide information about how the website is used, for example whether you are visiting the website for the first time or whether you are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our website and to provide our services.
Cookies that are necessary for the functioning of the store
_ab Used in conjunction with administration access.
_secure_session_id Used in connection with navigation through a store window.
cart Used in connection with the shopping cart.
cart_sig Used in conjunction with checkout.
cart_ts Used in conjunction with checkout.
checkout_token Used in conjunction with checkout.
secret Used in conjunction with checkout.
secure_customer_sig Used in conjunction with the customer login.
storefront_digest Used in conjunction with the customer login.
_shopify_u Used to facilitate updating customer account information.
Reports and Analytics
_tracking_consent Tracking Settings.
_landing_page Track landing pages.
_orig_referrer Tracking landing pages.
_s shopify analytics.
_shopify_s shopify analytics.
_shopify_sa_p Shopify analytics related to marketing & referrals.
_shopify_sa_t Shopify analytics related to marketing & referrals.
_shopify_y Shopify analytics.
_y Shopify analytics.
How long a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a "persistent" or "session" cookie. Session cookies persist until you stop browsing, while persistent cookies persist until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and expire between 30 minutes and two years after they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in a number of ways. Please be aware that removing or blocking cookies may affect your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser settings, which are often found in your browser's "Tools" or "Preferences" menu. For more information on how to change your browser settings or block, manage or filter cookies, please refer to your browser's help file or websites such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please also note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent the disclosure of information to third parties, such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the "Behavioral Advertising" section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that there is no industry consensus on how to respond to "Do Not Track" signals. We do not change our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: December 26, 2021